Similar Blogs

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Telephone

Have you ever played a game of telephone, where you whisper something down the line, and it comes out horribly wrong? Can you see why communication is important? Especially in relationships?

Have you ever heard a foreign language and felt so lost?

Communication is important to be truly understood.

I chose to become a missionary for my church. And when I received my calling, I was assigned to teach the Gospel to people in Swedish. Now I don't know if many of you know this, but in Sweden, they start to learn English at a very young age! about 3rd/4th grade. Needless to say most of the Swedes, spoke better English than I spoke Swedish, even by the end of my 18 months.
But alas, I was called to teach them in their own language so they could truly understand.

If you have learned a second language you know that you can begin to understand it very well, but still it might not ring as true as your native tongue.

One thing Brother Williams brought up this week that I really liked was, maybe we each have our own "love language". And no, not like the 5 Love Languages book. But Maybe we need to seek to understand what helps our spouses truly understand, even if it is different than what works best for us.

During communication their is a process everything we say goes through.

The original idea is said, encoded, delivered, received, and then must be decoded. During the delivery process certain types of media, such as tone, and body language can be misunderstood therefore being incorrectly decoded. Have you ever gotten a text that was horribly misunderstood? haha

The idea is to deliver things in their true meaning But this is difficult. here is something that could help you consider how to communicate better. I know it helped me.

Communicate not only in a way to be understood, but in a way that you cannot be misunderstood.

No comments:

Post a Comment